RWC 2019 official travel and hospitality programme exceeds expectations
With excitement building and anticipation of the most competitive Rugby World Cup ever, the exclusive official hospitality and supporter tour providers for Rugby World Cup 2019, STH Japan (a joint-venture between JTB Corporation and Sports Travel and Hospitality Group) have launched the 'Sport' hospitality package for the semi-finals and final at International Stadium Yokohama.
The figures, released today by STH Japan paint a strong and exciting picture for Asia's first Rugby World Cup. The official travel programme has exceeded all initial targets, with more than 132,000 tickets sold to fans wanting an all-inclusive experience and a once-in-a-lifetime blend of Japanese culture and world-class rugby.
- Australia topping the list of international fans with more than 35,000 ticket-inclusive travel packages via the programme
- France (20,000), United Kingdom (20,000) and Japan (18,000) also have a significantly high volume of fans with combined Official Travel Package sales of nearly 60,000
- With a number of big matches, the opening weekend is proving to be extremely popular
- New Zealand and Australia fans have purchased the most ticket-inclusive travel packages for the semi-finals and final
- With official travel sales expected to be 30 per cent higher than original predictions, fans are being urged not to miss out and find their Official Travel Agent (OTA) at www.rugbyworldcup.com/supportertours to book their travel packages today.
STH Japan is bringing major event sports hospitality to Japan with a very positive response received from the market and sales to date exceeding expectations. An innovative range of experiences are being delivered for the tournament, combining a blend of western influences and traditional Japanese 'omotenashi', or welcome.
There have been strong sales from international and Japanese markets. STH Japan is operating a dedicated Webb Ellis Pavilion at Yokohama Stadium, containing 30 private suites, which sold out in record time. The facility also houses a vibrant shared dining space which has been exceptionally popular.
Japan has proven to be a desirable destination with 30 per cent of hospitality purchasers coming from 39 different countries, meaning that Japan will have a very special atmosphere as the global rugby community gathers to celebrate the showcase event.
Fans wishing to secure their place can purchase the 'Sport' package, which includes a category B ticket and access to the semi-finals and the final. Further details can be found at www.rugbyworldcup.com/hospitality.
World Rugby Chief Executive Officer Brett Gosper said: “Rugby World Cup 2019 is on track to be a very special and game-changing event. In addition to exceptional ticketing demand, the official supporter tour and hospitality offering is exceeding all expectations and underscoring our belief that Japan 2019 will be incredible.”
STH Japan CEO Simon Jefford said: “We are very excited and extremely proud of having the opportunity to introduce the concept of sports hospitality to Japan and of course provide a unique Rugby World Cup hospitality experience in Asia for the first time. We still have availability for some great matches, including two Japan matches and the final, so fans should book now to secure their place."
The strong response to the official travel and hospitality programmes reflects the excellent response to priority and general tickets sales since the programme launched last year. Over 90 per cent of the 1.8m available tickets have now been sold and demand continues to be strong as fans look to snap-up the final few tickets.